Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Prayer for Joy & Strength

    Father GOD, I lift mine eyes and heart to thee. Help me to live in Your joy and in Your peace. Give me the strength and understanding to resist anxiety, anger, envy, depression, bitterness, hopelessness, loneliness, fear and guilt. Rescue me when “my spirit is overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is distressed” (Psalm 143:4). I refuse to let my life be brought down by evil and negative emotions such as these.
    When I am tempted to give in to them, show me Your Truth. You have said in Your Word that "by our patience we can possess our souls" (Luke 21:19). Give me patience so I can do just that. Help me to keep my ‘heart with all diligence,” for I know that “out of it spring the issues of life" (Proverbs 4:23).
    Help me to share this joy of knowing intimately who Jesus is with all those who You place in my path. I pray that Your love would fill my heart, that Your peace would flood my inner being and that I may overflow with Your joy and hope in believing. Increase my love for others and for You. Instil in my heart the hope of my salvation, and surround me with Your love and joy. Please use me as a channel to minister to others in need.
    Thank You that "the joy of the Lord is our strength and shield" (Nehemiah 8:10) and that You have promised that Your "grace is sufficient" (2 Corinthians 9:12) for all eventualities. Keep my heart fixed on You and instil in my heart joyful disposition so that I may bring comfort and cheer to those around me and be salt and light to those that are facing troubles or difficulties.
    I thank You that I am Your child and You are my Father and sovereign Lord. May my heart rejoice in good times and in bad and may Your abiding  joy and perfect peace find residence in my heart - as I rest in Your love and trust in Your unfailing goodness.
     It is in Jesus name I pray, Amen and Amen.
Unapologetic is me, L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment