Thursday, October 1, 2015

Forever Grateful

grateful: feeling or appreciation of kindness; thankful    
    In my life time, I have had my fair share of unpleasurable situations. Some I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. But going through, coming out and knowing what could have been has led me to a place of pure gratefulness. If I were to sit here and tell you everything that I have been through in my short 34 years of life, we would be here all night. .....literally. Today I can truly say that I am grateful for a few things. I'm grateful for life, GOD's saving grace and a loving and supportive husband just to name a couple. 
    Both Acts 10:34 and Romans 2:11 tell us that GOD is no respecter of person. So what made Him prolong my life, but take my friend Tasha in the 9th grade? Or my friend Olympia 5 yea.rs ago while having a routine day surgery that had been done on millions of people? Or my friend Natasha 3 years ago who killed herself and her unborn baby girl a couple of days before Thanksgiving? 
    I would be lying if I told you that being grateful just came to me. No not at all. I had to learn how to be grateful. At one point I felt that GOD had to be nice and do what He did for others for me. I played on His grace just like a lot of other people in this life. It was not until my good good friends and family members went through things that they didn't come out of along with my own trials that almost took my life. My hubby and I say that some people just get it, and some are extremist and have to learn the hard way. For a minute I was an extremist and boy did GOD let me have it. But by His grace, and with my hubby by my side every step of the way, I finally got it. And now that I got it, I'm never letting it go. I thank GOD for saving and keeping me. I love Him all the more for sparing my life time and time again. Times that I know of and some I don't. But I'm grateful for them all. He deserves glory, honor and praise for what He's done for me. And I make sure to give Him just that and more. I appreciate Him. I appreciate being able to see my kids get older. I appreciate the chance to grow older and wiser with my hubby. To continue to help grow our ministry. I'm thankful for it all. GOD will forever get the glory and I will continue to be grateful to Him and Him alone. No one else deserves the glory but Him.  No one. 
Unapologetic is me, L.

No comments:

Post a Comment